Saturday, March 12, 2011

Motion on the horizon

Good news: I'm finally spotting movement within the economy, film industry and stars! It looks like the cloud of frustration within my acting community, sparked by the lack of interesting projects or jobs, has finally passed and shines light on plenty of blossoms.

First I got a call from a producer that showed interest in adding me to her new film we'd shoot this summer. The documentary will be about six german women living in California and will be aired on german TV. Reacting in sheer panic at first regarding the intrusion into my privacy, it didn't take much to change my mind and I agreed to be part of it. After all, my adventures here (even during the tricky stages of the journey) are a big part of what I believe in: Being brave, willing to suffer, and staying humble while following our dreams. Even if that’ll mean the makers might only catch the blunt part of artist’s life- but that’s part of it.

A few days later I got the opportunity to audition for an independent feature film and got to flex my auditioning muscle again. Boy, was I glad I kept auditing my acting class (since I can't afford it right now) over the last few months. That way it was much easier to get back into it. All I had to do was relaxing while bringing my self to it.

I gotta say: Any break from acting truly makes me appreciate the process again and helps me staying calm, so I was extremely happy to meet up with my active actor friend Tommy for even more inspiration today. He told me about a new film he'll be in and intents to suggest me for a part too. Motivated and ready to go, we even decided to take our excitement, write a scene and shoot it ourselves (for our reels). Something I usually never do...

The thing with Tommy and me is though: We are both in a phase of our career when we're ready to WORK but suffer from the common disease called "the newcomer syndrome". Meaning: You can be great, but nobody will give you a shot until you’ve reached a certain level in your career yourself. Sharing that, it was only logical we instantly had a strong idea for a scene and both knew what kind of material we'd love to add to our reel.

So: We're ready to take it to the next level!! I took an inspirational picture after our brainstorming for you. Watch out for our scene soon.

An idea has been born!


No comments:

Post a Comment