Friday, January 21, 2011

Shooting at the beach

  
Venice beach

Shooting at the beach surely creates one of those magical, unforgettable experiences that simply make you feel great. I was a beach-water child my entire life and remember the joy I felt as soon as I'd smell the salty ocean, play in the waves and cuddle up in a big towel afterwards - one of my heavenly pleasures until this day.

I'm actually not sure if my feelings are sparked by my memories or because beaches actually are pure bliss. This question especially popped into my head when a friend of mine told me he has never seen an ocean until turning 18, and he even then didn't connect with it. I found that such a weird image that I must have stared at him with an open mouth for at least 10 minutes.

I guess it makes me feel close to god. The silence under water helps me focus on my self and shuts the world out. There's humbleness I feel imagining the endless depth of water in front of me, and peacefulness enters my body with the sound of those waves. It's a powerful peace.

You can imagine my bliss when I recently got notice one of my shootings was gonna take place at Venice beach (funny that I never came up with that perfect combination myself). The experience met my expectations and shooting the commercial was amazing: Completely relaxed and improvisational with fresh air rubbing my nose all day; sand under my feet. I was at total ease...

Director Matt Nothelfer & me on set
The project is based on people's passion to live their dreams- something that I really know well being a dreamer my entire life. Somehow reality or "settling on less" were never even an option for me and almost turns me into a crazy person seeking the impossible. I think I have to thank my mother for that. :)

God only knows what an inspiration she has been to me my entire life. I hope to become such a mother one day: Supporting everything my child wants and dreams about the way she did. That's the only way we'll always go for our dreams - even when the expectations seem too high.

And we will get there with humbleness and patience.

Jessica (1986)
Your
DreamerNista


No comments:

Post a Comment